Stain-Treat is a breathable, economical, penetrating, and invisible sealer that protects brick, cast stone, engineering concrete, limestone, grout, natural stone, porous tile, pavers, and terracotta tile from damage caused by stains. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain and keep looking good for longer.
Stain-Treat is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building entertaining areas, facades, floors, garages, kitchen, patios, swimming pool surrounds and walls
Stain Treat is:
- able to repel stains, graffiti and food products – making cleaning easier;
- able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeps the original look;
- non film-forming;
- able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimize moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence;
- an excellent chloride ion salt screen – ideal for marine and pool areas;
- able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel
- suitable for indoor and outdoor use;
- deeply penetrating – protecting against weathering and wearing;
- highly water vapor permeable – able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture allowing it dry out;
- very alkali resistant – won’t breakdown in contact with cement based materials;
When applied by an accredited applicator following our written instructions and maintained using S-P CLEANER regularly, a 15-year performance warranty is offered. To minimize absorption, spills should still be cleaned up immediately.
Total application rate is approximately 1 litre per 2 to 8 square metres (20 to 80 sq.ft. per quart), depending on absorption.
How to Use:
- First, test product on a small area and to determine the ease of application and desired results, allow a 24-hour cure time.
- Make sure that the surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like “wet” look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- After 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately 1 Litre per 2 to 8 square metres (20 to 80 sq.ft. per quart), depending on surface absorption.
- Allow 10 minutes for product to penetrate the surface then polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product.
- Clean equipment with organic solvent. Note: Sealer will not prevent surface etching or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces.
- Apply when surface temperature 5 to 35 C° (40 to 95 F°).
- Avoid applying in windy conditions.
- Do not take internally.
- For 6 hours after application, avoid moisture contact with the surface.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil.
- Protect surrounding areas from over spray.
- Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate.
- Wear suitable solvent-resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
50% active content in alcohol.
Keep the container tightly sealed in a cool well-ventilated place and use it within 12 months of purchase. Product is freeze-thaw stable.