Wet-Treat Sealer is a breathable, economical, penetrating, and invisible sealer that protects brick, cast stone, engineering concrete, limestone, grout, natural stone, porous tile, pavers, and terracotta tile from damage caused by stains. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain and keep looking good for longer.
Wet-Treat Sealer is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building entertaining areas, facades, floors, garages, kitchen, patios, swimming pool surrounds and walls.
- provides deep enrichment of natural color;
- hides imperfections and scratches;
- has up to 90% water exclusion vs control after 24 hours immersion (ASTM C 642 and ASTM C 67) and 86% water exclusion vs control after 3 days immersion (NCHRP 244);
- is able to make surfaces more resistant to acid etching;
- is ideal for indoor or outdoor use;
- is suitable for alkaline and neutral substrates;
- is backed by a 5 year warranty and
- repels stains and soiling for easier cleaning.
When Wet-Treat Sealer is applied by an accredited applicator following our written instructions and maintained regularly using our recommended maintenance system, a 5-year performance warranty is offered. To minimize absorption, spills should still be cleaned up immediately.
Total application rate is approximately 1 Litre per 5 to 10 square Metres (50 to 100
sq.ft. per quart), depending on absorption.
How to Use:
- First, test product on a small area and to determine the ease of application and desired results, allow a 24-hour cure time.
- Make sure that the surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like “wet” look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Allow 30 minutes for product to penetrate surface then wipe or polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product.
- Apply additional applications if a darker appearance is required, waiting a minimum of 24 hours between coats.
- Clean equipment with organic solvents e.g. methylated spirits.
Note: Sealer will resist but not prevent surface etching or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. Wet-Treat Sealer may be applied over a surface that has been treated with a Dry-Treat impregnating sealer 24 hours after the treatment and the surface has been scrubbed with a scotch brite pad, or similar.
- Apply when surface temperature 5 to 35 C° (40 to 95 F°).
- Avoid applying in windy conditions.
- Do not take internally.
- For 6 hours after application, avoid moisture contact with the surface.
- Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil.
- Protect surrounding areas from over spray.
- Use only in well-ventilated areas.
- Use a positive pressure respirator if ventilation is inadequate.
- Wear suitable solvent-resistant gloves, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application.
- Wash hands thoroughly after use.
A 25% active content mixture blended into a safe odorless solvent.
Keep the container tightly sealed in a cool well-ventilated place and use it within 12 months of purchase. Product is freeze-thaw stable.